Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
The Trans Movement Just Hit Home.......
(05-10-2023, 08:13 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, what you're ignoring here is that biological sex (which is also a spectrum for what it's worth) is different than gender, which is also split up into your identity and your expression. Being trans means that your gender does not match up with your sex. Now, would it be fantastic if we as a society did not assign these traits to align with any particular sex and we weren't judgmental as **** when a male expresses more femininity than society deems acceptable? Sure, but that's not the reality of it. Also, we label things because it makes it easier to put ourselves into groups and interact with our tribes. It's human nature.

I actually agree and understand that sex and gender aren't the same. So while it might seem like I'm ignoring that, trust me I'm not.

What I take issue with is saying they are different but then demanding to be treated as if they aren't, because thats actually whats happening here. Trans people aren't saying "I feel like a man. but please treat me like a biological woman" and vice versa. They're saying, "I feel like a man, therefore treat me like a biological man" etc.....

And I'm saying well wait a minute....but you aren't that biologically, so how can you expect me to treat you as such? I'm being told the two are different (which I agree with) but then being told to act like they aren't by affirming the identity they prescribe to.

Again, to me this all comes down to masculinity and femininity and societies inability to just accept the fact that there are "girly men" and "manly women". "Gender Expression" is exactly that. Are you expressing yourself in a masculine way or a feminine way? Perhaps both? Doesn't matter to me. You can express yourself how you like. But the moment you tell me I have to treat you as the buological sex that most corresponds to that expression, well then you're completely blurring the "they're not the same" line and asking me to distort reality for you.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Trans Movement Just Hit Home....... - Matt_Crimson - 05-10-2023, 11:42 PM