Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
The Trans Movement Just Hit Home.......
(05-11-2023, 11:02 AM)GMDino Wrote: First, that might be your religion...but does it say to not treat others with kindness?

I'm not saying trans people need to be stoned to death. I'm just saying I can't support their belief because I feel it contradicts with my own.

Quote:Second, simply acknowledging others as they are won't get anyone fired.  Like I said, calling someone Sam vs Samantha didn't hurt a single soul. 

This has nothing to do with someone changing their name. You can change your name all you want, that has no bearing on society in ways that wanting to be treated as the opposite sex does. 

Quote:And just to tie it into #1: Does telling children they will burn for all eternity if they are "bad" hurt children?

Depends on what you mean by "hurt children". That could mean a number of things.

Quote:3rd: That's great...for you.  

Great for me? Biological differences between men and women should matter to everyone.

Quote:You are the one complicating a problem that isn't nearly as big as you think it is.  Obviously you have sever problems with it for several different reasons but not one trans person is affecting your life (at least you didn't say so) and the "societal problems" are the ones that come up with every new group that wants to be treated equally.  

The fallacy here is thinking that in order for people to care about something it has to have directly affected them. Do you have to wait for your closest friend or relative to get shot before your care about guns?

Quote:Women can't ride horses! (Or vote...or get divorced...or have their own credit card...or...)  
Blacks can't drink our water! (Or stay in our hotels...or eat in out restaurants...or..) 
Gays can't run churches! (Or get married...or adopt...or...)

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Explain to me how any of this is relevant.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread