Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
The Trans Movement Just Hit Home.......
(05-12-2023, 08:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Trans people and doctors that cater to them might have a similar agenda.  The "I don't know" is concerning, as it makes you appear to be grasping at straws.

What's my point?  Not everyone is ready to accept the "trans movement", and a significant portion of those non-accepters feel like it's a "fad" that will pass, and that those feelings of being trans may have been influenced by outside sources like social media and it's effects on the child and parent.  Now, that does not go to discount anything that you have said about "science", as they are continually gathering and questioning facts/evidence that they attain.  All I can think of when reading through these arguments is the fall of Rome.  I never thought that the fall of the US would stem from gender dysphoria.

If it's a fad then let it pass.  And if people regret transitioning, use them to warn people of the dangers of falling for the ruse much like the pro-life movement has used women who got abortions and then regretted it to bolster their side of the argument.  Here is Sue, she regrets getting an abortion so make it illegal.  Here is Bobby, he regrets becoming Betty so make it illegal.  Here is Clint, he regrets buying the gun his son Bobby used to shoot himself so make it illegal.  It's all about winning elections at this point, innit?

For all we know in 2028 a democrat could be running on a platform of pardoning all the parents who let their kids transition when it was against the law.  They're political prisoners, after all right?

I also don't get why we are suddenly acting like social media and outside sources aren't filling us with a bunch of information about everything and anything and the idea that anything trans is a bridge too far.  One could argue that you comparing this to the fall of Rome could be attributed to you letting social media play an undue role on the way you perceive things.

Then again, maybe my inability to grasp how this is going to usher in the fall of our nation is a sign of my own biased view of the world thanks to the specific brand of "reality" I'm being fed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Trans Movement Just Hit Home....... - Nately120 - 05-12-2023, 08:24 PM