Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Newest attempted power grab by Ohio Republicans
(05-12-2023, 09:32 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: BS!  McConnell set precedence,  and now the shoe is on the other foot the Democrats are supposed to play nice?!?!?!  You GOPers are truly something else. 

When has that ever happened before in our Senate history has the reasoning been b/c it was an election year they refused to confirm a Supreme Court Justice?  Please enlighten me, dear sir.   

The actions of Mitch McConnell around the Garland nomination is why I am no longer a Republican. That was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.    They owed him a hearing at least.  Garland is moderate and would have been a good and thoughtful Justice.

Their hypocrisy in 2020 would they shove through Amy Comey Barrett's nomination when actual general election voting was taking place was ethically criminal.

The power grabs by Republicans are out of control.  They know they can't win with a majority vote based on their politics so they are trying to change to the law to a supermajority.
Can't win with voters aged 18-25, so let's change the voting age, remove student IDs from the accepted ID list, and remove voting precincts from on or near college campuses.  Can't win with fairly drawn legislative districts, let's ignore the law and draw them favorable to themselves. Lose an election...cry falsely about rigged elections.  Use those lies to further attempt to suppress the votes of the other side.

I am so sick of these antics from people who claim to be "America First" and "Patriots"  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Newest attempted power grab by Ohio Republicans - pally - 05-13-2023, 01:52 PM