Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Newest attempted power grab by Ohio Republicans
(05-12-2023, 07:28 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: So you’re saying the democrats are not allowed to be just as hypocritical  and underhanded?  LMAO! That’s what I mean about them bringing a knife to a gun fight and it’s time they repay the favor.  That’s the thing about the GOP is everything is supposed to be on the up and up when they’re not in control, but when they’re in control and have the opportunity to stick it to the democrats, they do it without hesitation.  But GOD forbid the democrats do it, that’d be just coloring outside the lines of decorum. GFY!

I'm hoping democrats WON'T be just as hypocritical and underhanded. That would be a boon for "both sidesers," who'll quickly jump on the "hypocrisies" and double standards which follow with REAL instead of the usual false equivalences. 

But I share your frustration that Dems often seem like deer in the headlights as Repubs do some unprecedented thing which solidifies their
power and takes the rest of us by surprise because we assume "ethical adults don't behave that way." 

When people stop respecting the civil and civic ideals upon which our democracy was premised, then we should not be surprised if people consider how new rules--or laws--might address the power imbalances thereby created. That would be a far better, more dignified solution to the problem of hypocritical and underhanded behavior. We shouldn't continue accepting that behavior as the new civic normal.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Newest attempted power grab by Ohio Republicans - Dill - 05-13-2023, 03:37 PM