Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Newest attempted power grab by Ohio Republicans
(05-12-2023, 07:28 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: So you’re saying the democrats are not allowed to be just as hypocritical  and underhanded?  LMAO! That’s what I mean about them bringing a knife to a gun fight and it’s time they repay the favor.  That’s the thing about the GOP is everything is supposed to be on the up and up when they’re not in control, but when they’re in control and have the opportunity to stick it to the democrats, they do it without hesitation.  But GOD forbid the democrats do it, that’d be just coloring outside the lines of decorum. GFY!

You literally typed nothing that refuted my point.  What McConnell did was underhanded, but it wasn't outside the rules.  What you're advocating for is changing the rules to benefit your side.  Your point about McConnell being true, he didn't change the rules to act as he did.  I get that you don't see the insanely important difference as you appear blinded by partisanship, but the difference is enormous.  Start changing the rules to benefit your side and it will only happen again when the other party is in power.  Where does that stop?  It only stops when the rules become inherently meaningless, which is the end of our system of governance entirely.  Hyper-partisan people focus too much on winning and not on the long term cost.  In that regard you are as guilty as the people you decry.  I get you don't see that, and that's the danger of your proposed course of action.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Newest attempted power grab by Ohio Republicans - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 05-13-2023, 05:59 PM