Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Newest attempted power grab by Ohio Republicans
(05-13-2023, 01:52 PM)pally Wrote: The actions of Mitch McConnell around the Garland nomination is why I am no longer a Republican. That was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.    They owed him a hearing at least.  Garland is moderate and would have been a good and thoughtful Justice.

Their hypocrisy in 2020 would they shove through Amy Comey Barrett's nomination when actual general election voting was taking place was ethically criminal.

The power grabs by Republicans are out of control.  They know they can't win with a majority vote based on their politics so they are trying to change to the law to a supermajority.
Can't win with voters aged 18-25, so let's change the voting age, remove student IDs from the accepted ID list, and remove voting precincts from on or near college campuses.  Can't win with fairly drawn legislative districts, let's ignore the law and draw them favorable to themselves. Lose an election...cry falsely about rigged elections.  Use those lies to further attempt to suppress the votes of the other side.

I am so sick of these antics from people who claim to be "America First" and "Patriots"  

I get the sentiment, and I believe that that Garland deserved a hearing.

Even so, I blame one person and one person alone for the Barrett nomination and subsequent end of Roe.

That shit is on RBG all day long.  Not many other libs will say it, but she helped end abortion on demand more than anyone involved in the conversation.  When she went through several bouts of life-threatening health issues coupled with advanced age, yet still refused to retire, she basically guaranteed a Republican replacement of the worst kind.  

Obama tried to talk her into retirement when he was in office in order to name a liberal replacement when he had the juice.  She refused.  She messed around and the rest of use found out.  Just too damned arrogant and full of herself to realize how much damage she was doing to the cause she was allegedly such a ferocious defender of.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Newest attempted power grab by Ohio Republicans - samhain - 05-14-2023, 12:17 AM