Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Current state of the Roster: 2023 FA
(05-03-2023, 12:30 AM)dxdtdemon Wrote: Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but if Kirkland can get through camp and the preseason healthy, I think he makes the 53 man roster instead of either Adeniji or Ford.

If Collins is PUP to start, I could see 2 of those 3 making it. Assuming we keep 10 OL. 

OT: O. Brown, J. Williams; Carman + (Adeniji/Ford/Smith)
OG: Cappa, Volson; + 2 of (Scharping/Ford/Kirkland)
C: Karras + (Hill/Brown)
PUP: Collins 

Those 7 are locks, in my view, if healthy. Though I could see scenarios where Williams or Collins become expendable if someone crushes it in camp, IDK if I'd do that based on a camp performance alone. Camp is not a real game, if you know where I am coming from. 

Anyway, the above scenario oeaves us with an open OT spot (Adeniji, Ford, Smith), 2 open reserve OG spots (Scharping, Ford, Kirkland), and the open #2 spot (Hill, Brown). 

The positional versatility of some guys (Ford, Kirkland, even Adeniji & Collins & Karras) could make carrying 9 OL a possibility, especially if Collins is on the mend and will be back soon. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Current state of the Roster: 2023 FA - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 05-14-2023, 01:21 PM