Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bengals favored in 15 of 17 games
(05-14-2023, 06:49 AM)kevin Wrote: Best team in history ???   Show me the NFL Championship Rings, now known as Super Bowl rings. 

I'm very happy for Bengals Fans that the Bengals have had back to back seasons going to AFC Championship and a close Super Bowl loss.  

However when you talk of Dynasty Teams in NFL, before 1950 there was the Chicago Bears.  The 50's had Cleveland Browns and Detroit Lions.  The 1960's was all Green Bay Packers.  The 1970's were owned by The Pittsburgh Steelers. The 1980's were the San Francisco 49ers, but you can include Oakland Raiders and Washington Redskins.  The 1990's were the Dallas Cowboys and Denver Broncos. Since 2000 The New England Patriots dominated, but Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens won some titles. Of late Kansas City Chiefs have won a couple times. 

I have not looked at the schedule, but do not bet that the Bengals will go 15 wins and 2 losses.  As always, the 6 AFC North games will be tough. The Browns often beat the Bengals, and of course Steelers and Ravens are tough games.  All road games are tough.  

I wish for all Bengals fans a Super Bowl, but will it be easy ???  NO.    It starts with hitting the old dusty trail of laps around the track and good practices and a good training camp way before start of season.  Could the Bengals win a Super Bowl ???  Maybe, but there are 31 other NFL Teams to deal with. 

The 3 Bengals trips to Super Bowl, fans didn't see the team doing much in Spring of 1981, 1988 or 2021.   However in Spring of 1978, Sporting News and all NFL Preseason magazines had Bengals winning Super Bowl, and what a lousy season 1978 was for Bengals and it would get worse in 1979. 

All that said, wear your Bengals things proudly.  Bengals have had 2 very good years in a row.  No Super Bowl win, but 2 good year in a row.  The no play-off win streak of 30 years finally over.  The Bengals are no longer the joke of the NFL, but with winning comes a giant Bulls Eye as the 1980's Bengals had.  Teams will not be taking the Bengals for granted or under estimating Bengals.   No longer the Underdogs, the Bengals will not surprise and teams will be laying for them.  That makes the road harder, but I think Bengals still being hungry for first ever Super Bowl will focused.  

GO BENGALS

Tiger

Add On :  Just saw the schedule.  Browns, Ravens, Rams in September.   Bengals better be ready to win a tough Browns game.  I hope Bengals are good, because in past this would be an 0 for September schedule.  I  do not see an easy schedule of 15 wins and 2 losses, not at all.  Add to it Bengals start October at Tennessee.  I fail to see an easy schedule here.

Nice post, but Din Shula's early 70's Dolphins were omitted. 3 Straight Super Bowls, incluslding back to back wins, and an undefeated season. 

But I think the OP means best Bengals team ever. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals favored in 15 of 17 games - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 05-14-2023, 01:37 PM