Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Newest attempted power grab by Ohio Republicans
(05-15-2023, 09:38 PM)samhain Wrote: Probably, but I see it more as fear of losing seats that a fundraising advantage.  Hell, they're probably raising more money with Roe dead than they were when people thought abortion on demand would always be available.  

It's a strange issue, thought.  People get pretty passionate about it down party lines, but when it comes to voting on it individually (and anonymously), I think a majority would prefer that it remain legal and accessible to at least some extent.  Kansas and Kentucky demonstrated that much.

To the first point, I agree.  I've always been a pro-choice person, but as I've gotten older I understand the pro-life opposition to it a lot more.  A compromise would probably be a good idea, something along the lines of the vast majority of Europe.  Three months for elective abortions and nothing beyond that not necessitated by medial emergency.  A good compromise leaves everyone dissatisfied, and that would certainly be the case there.  I doubt there's much, if any, stomach for such a move in today's climate though.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Newest attempted power grab by Ohio Republicans - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 05-15-2023, 11:21 PM