Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Different Security Levels In Schools!
(05-17-2023, 11:18 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: The security differences in schools is hilarious.

Once, I was presenting at a school that I had presented at for years and there was a 45 minute break for lunch. My friend dropped me off and said “I don’t want to drive back over here” and asked if I was cool to stay, so I said yes because I was good friends with the teacher.

The teacher had another class at lunch and then flipped out when I was staying in the room by myself during the break. I didn’t understand it because they knew I was no threat but, with security these days and gunmen, I just said ok.

Even when I was waiting for my ride at the end of the day, the teacher wouldn’t let me be alone for three minutes.

Fast forward to today (and it has happened at other schools), I presented to two classes and now there’s a two-and-a-half hour break that they didn’t tell me about.

The teacher says “I have a class for the next two hours, so roll around and do whatever.”

I’m just like “WHAT?!”

She leaves and now I’m sitting here waiting for two hours until I present again.

Just funny how some places are completely fine with people being in their school and then other places act like Ft Knox!

Times have changed. I grew up and have since moved back to CT. I remember being able to just walk into my high school to visit old teachers. The other week I had a meeting with my kid's teacher and had to go through just about as much security as when I forget my badge and have to use the public entrance to a courthouse here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Different Security Levels In Schools! - CKwi88 - 05-17-2023, 11:41 AM