Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
MYTH: GOP is better for the Economy
(05-20-2023, 08:48 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: And what do you see as the reason for the huge increase in deficits under Trump? Was the the ~$2 trillion in revenue lost due to the 2017 tax cuts? Maybe the ~$1.6 trillion in increased discretionary spending caps.

Pandemic related costs is about half of the budget deficits Trump racked up. He still would've increased the debt even without the pandemic.

I found this article rather informative regarding this subject.  

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2023/feb/01/alexandria-ocasio-cortez/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-wrong-that-trump-tax-cuts/

But you didn't address my main point, that being that the jpg in the OP is presented without context of any sort.  For example Clinton benefited from a robust economy propped up by the tech bubble.  He was just fortunate to not be in office when that bubble burst.  Trump had to deal with a once in a century pandemic.  Again, rather key points that OP doesn't even attempt to address.  This kind of short attention span, low information "my side good, other side bad" argument accomplishes literally nothing.  It's elementary school level thinking and it deserves to be called out as such. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: MYTH: GOP is better for the Economy - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 05-21-2023, 12:30 PM