Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
MYTH: GOP is better for the Economy
(05-21-2023, 12:30 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I found this article rather informative regarding this subject.  

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2023/feb/01/alexandria-ocasio-cortez/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-wrong-that-trump-tax-cuts/

I mean, that really doesn't change anything in what I said and doesn't counter any of it.

(05-21-2023, 12:30 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: But you didn't address my main point, that being that the jpg in the OP is presented without context of any sort.  For example Clinton benefited from a robust economy propped up by the tech bubble.  He was just fortunate to not be in office when that bubble burst.  Trump had to deal with a once in a century pandemic.  Again, rather key points that OP doesn't even attempt to address.  This kind of short attention span, low information "my side good, other side bad" argument accomplishes literally nothing.  It's elementary school level thinking and it deserves to be called out as such. 

In general I agree with you, but I was merely pointing out that even without the pandemic Trump was on track to increase deficits which was a course reversal from the prior administration. Hence me pointing out policies that increased the debt prior to the pandemic, addressing you pointing out that lack of context to say that in the case of Trump it would've halved his increase to the debt, but that was still more than those before him and he rode into office on an economic upswing.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: MYTH: GOP is better for the Economy - Belsnickel - 05-21-2023, 03:41 PM