Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
MYTH: GOP is better for the Economy
(05-21-2023, 03:01 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: There are so many aspects to evaluate the economy. I believe the lower and middle classes care about having good paying job and be able to save money for retirement. Under Trump, more jobs were created for all. Black unemployment dropped, Women unemployment dropped. This in spite of Trump shrinking (firing federal employees) the federal government.

Trump lowered gas prices and we were n ur way to energy independence. Wages raised under Trump also. I won't go through all of it, but the middles class and lower income citizens had an optimistic look of the future and the economy. Now, whether a Democrat, Independent or Republican, polls tell us exactly how the feel on the Biden economy. Please show me any poll in 2022 or 2023 saying Biden is handling the economy better than Trump.

I suggest you look it up. Biden's policy on the economy stink.

What the polls say isn't reflective of the actual policy performance. It is always the case that POTUS gets blame or credit for the economy while they are in office, right or wrong. The situation right now is a global inflation issue that Biden can't really do anything about. Oil prices are high worldwide, not just here. The issues people are hammering Biden on economically have nothing to do with his policies. His policies have had a positive effect on job and GDP growth, but unlike his predecessor he came into office with a difficult global economic situation.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: MYTH: GOP is better for the Economy - Belsnickel - 05-21-2023, 03:47 PM