Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
MYTH: GOP is better for the Economy
(05-21-2023, 03:01 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: There are so many aspects to evaluate the economy. I believe the lower and middle classes care about having good paying job and be able to save money for retirement. Under Trump, more jobs were created for all. Black unemployment dropped, Women unemployment dropped. This in spite of Trump shrinking (firing federal employees) the federal government.

Trump lowered gas prices and we were n ur way to energy independence. Wages raised under Trump also. I won't go through all of it, but the middles class and lower income citizens had an optimistic look of the future and the economy. Now, whether a Democrat, Independent or Republican, polls tell us exactly how the feel on the Biden economy. Please show me any poll in 2022 or 2023 saying Biden is handling the economy better than Trump.

I suggest you look it up. Biden's policy on the economy stink.

It's worth pointing out every time this gets brought up. I will beat this to death if it requires it.

To the bolded...no, he didn't. As a matter of fact, gas prices actually went up under Trump. The lowest gas prices we have had in nearly 20 years was under the Obama administration. You can find this data here. The final year of the Obama administration saw a national average price of $2.25 per gallon. In Trump's first full year, the national average went up by 12% to $2.53 per gallon. By 2018, Trump's second full year, gas prices had risen by 25% to a national average of $2.81 per gallon. 

Of course, neither should be getting much credit or flak for this because oil & gas is a global commodity and isn't controlled by the president of the United States. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: MYTH: GOP is better for the Economy - KillerGoose - 05-21-2023, 06:38 PM