Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
MYTH: GOP is better for the Economy
(05-22-2023, 05:30 PM)pally Wrote:  This party is so far away from traditional Republicanism that the party of the past wouldn't recognize todays.  I've always leaned towards the more liberal side of the party than tried and true conservative side.  The current party moved so far to the right that people like me were no longer connected to them

But, it is amazing how one can grow, evolve, and change previously held opinions.  IMO, the fiscal choices of the Democrats are far less harmful to this country than the politics of the 1950's that the Republicans seem to favor.  The Democratic Party looks forward and the Republican look backward.  The Democratic Party has ideas and the Republicans complain but offer no actual alternatives.  

The authoritarian, Christian-nationalist bent of today's republican party should scare the hell over anyone who claims to be a patriot

Yeah, I'm not a fan of having to justify your personal changes/growth.  You once identified as a Republican and no longer do so, no problem.  I have the exact same experience, in the opposite direction.  When I saw the real world results of Democratic policies, and the suffering they are causing, coupled with the left's embrace of anti-Constitutional ideals I walked away in the opposite direction.  Much like yourself I was on the more moderate end of the Dem spectrum, but never would have envisioned the complete break with the party I would later undergo.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: MYTH: GOP is better for the Economy - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 05-22-2023, 06:42 PM