Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Board Fantasy Baseball (The Show)
I think after this week I start playing Tecmo, Houndizzles, and Marcy team change name to Ohio Gouz or something like that.

Well, we will see if Reardon can get healthy, most seasons he can't. I like his batting average and TJ Freidl on my IL. Not sure who I drop when they come off IL. Sometimes other injuries answer that for you. I hated to lose Rasmussen and Wright to long injuries. I have other pitchers, but those were 2 good ones.

I don't want to say that I'm getting an easier team this week, that's when you get beat. However my schedule about to get tougher with Tecmo and Houndizzles starting Memorial Day. I'm glad I added better hitters than I drafted. I would like to see more climb into the 200's. Garcia of Texas is my star hitter, but you have to look at catchers numbers different, and Perez was a steal in mid rounds and is over 200 points, which is awesome for a catcher. I'm putting up more hitting numbers in May than in April, took a while to find the hot free agents of 2023. My infield really stunk at first, but much better now. I'm glad somebody dropped Drury, I like Drury, he is still hitting like he did for Reds and getting his At Bats.

I might be in First Place with a 7 win and 1 loss record over April and May, I need that cushion with so many tough teams coming up. Ohio Knights clobbered me, but I came back with a nice win over tough every year Dune Dogs.. I think drafting some Saves Pitchers has helped me, in other years I NEVER drafted relievers and looked for those Stater / Relievers to sneak in for extra Wins, but I would end season with Zero Saves. In off season I took a look at teams who win, and saw Saves add up to a lot of points. So do Holds. So pitchers who put up 30 Saves or 30 Holds are worth more than I had thought in Fantasy, just as I'm learning in football you need #1 WR's, not those # 2 or # 3 WR guys. Guys who get thrown the ball a LOT.....So I made up my mind I was going to draft Clase of Cleveland around Round One, because he had over 40 Saves in 2022 and is still so young. A good young arm. I was going to grab a top Closer for a change. Had we been in the old league with 2 Keepers, one team had Alcantara and Clase and some top hitters. I was going to KEEP Judge and try to steal his Alcantara or Clase, whichever one he didn't KEEP. The new league with no KEEPERS let me zero in on Clase even more. I was going to put up SAVES for a change, because the winning teams have Saves, as I looked at it in off season. My having Zero Saves was hurting me then.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Board Fantasy Baseball (The Show) - kevin - 05-23-2023, 01:39 PM