Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
MYTH: GOP is better for the Economy
(05-23-2023, 10:57 AM)pally Wrote: compromise...the way government with opposing forces is supposed to work

That's gone mostly out the window, it's b/c both sides fear the other side that's in power to get any credit whatsoever.  Gone are the days of John Mccain trying to work across the aisle.  We do need term limits in Congress b/c as it is now, there are just way too many old scores to settle and everyone in Congress is out to get one another for a broken promise decades ago. 

I thought John McCain would have made a great President b/c of his ability to work both sides and get things accomplished.  I actually canvassed for him promoting his campaign, and if he picked someone other than Palin he probably would have won it.  I've always identified as a left-leaning libertarian and I did vote for Trump in 2016, b/c of his sentiment on the Iraq war. However, I quickly realized what his true intentions were and that was not to be president it's to be an authoritarian dictator.  Trump is definitely not a fiscal conservative, and that's what I think ppl were looking for in him.  Plus, he's done more damage to our democracy than Xi or Putin could have ever dreamt of doing and this is b/c of his malignant narcissism---a trait possessed by all authoritarians.   
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: MYTH: GOP is better for the Economy - BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI - 05-23-2023, 01:48 PM