Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
MYTH: GOP is better for the Economy
(05-23-2023, 06:18 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: You're wrong.

I live in an Independent state that leans Red. Alaska has the highest percentage of Independent voters in the country. Democrat Representative Mary Peltola won a special election when Don Young died and a few months later won the 2022 general election. The main reason most people voted for Young for so long was because he was always on committees that brought federal money and jobs to Alaska. Most held our noses when voting for him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Alaska

Against Sarah Palin.  Need I say more?

Quote:12.78% Democrat - 13.82% in 2018
24.05% Republican - 25.77% in 2018 - 28% before Trump
58% Unaffiliated - 55.25% in 2018 - 52% before Trump

And local or regional politics had almost zero impact in my growing distrust of Conservatives, but keep trying to form your own false narrative even after I stated 9/11 and Fox News as my reasons. It's the Conservative way, I guess, so you're assimilating just fine. Remember, I stated after Jan 6th and before Joe Biden took office that if Larry Hogan was the Republican nominee, I'd vote for him over Biden in 2024. I'm not as butthurt about Republicans as you are about Democrats. I don't have a party to leave. I don't have to fake outrage at one side and ignore similar crimes on 'my side'. If a politician that I backed committed crimes or immoral acts, I can drop them likethat! I don't ever have to twist to defend a politician because I'm much more of a fan of truth than political leanings at this point. The elected Republicans and the Conservative media are severely lacking in the trustworthy department compared to the Democrats at this time. The Republicans didn't even run on a platform in 2020. When the truth and facts are not on your side . . . Culture War! It's getting old.

Hey cool, you disagree. This would seem to disagree with you, as would the history of federal politicians elected by Alaska.  Please don't feel the need to respond though, I don't think further discussion with you would be fruitful based on this screed.  But I certainly won't begrudge you the need to get in the last word.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: MYTH: GOP is better for the Economy - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 05-23-2023, 06:53 PM