Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
All 3 Bengals TEs in final year under contract this season
(05-26-2023, 07:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: For all that the Bengals ask of a TE, I think that they are OK with having guys either cheap, on rookie contracts, or cheaper but talented one-year rentals. TE is just not a primary target in the Bengals offensive plans enough to merit paying an expensive contract to one.

All we do is ask you to block and catch 3rd and 2s and get the 1st. That’s honestly why i would’ve thought Mayer and Washington were higher on our big board. Darnell would’ve allowed us to run a lot of plays where the edge TE is supposed to block the star edge rusher. I’m honestly surprised we passed on him. Dont get me wrong I’m glad we found Awuzies replacement but i just think Washington would’ve impacted the offense more than Turner is gonna impact the D this year. Darnell would’ve immediately been our best blocking TE in an offense that asks its TEs to make some orettt difficult blocks
-Housh
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: All 3 Bengals TEs in final year under contract this season - Housh - 05-26-2023, 09:44 PM