Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Defiant Oath Keepers founder:18yrs in prison for seditious conspiracy
(05-26-2023, 08:40 PM)Lucidus Wrote: Consider the alternative: Slave holding states would have been rewarded with increased power via increased representation; therefore, benefiting from the continued ownership of other humans.

What the Invisible Man and the Gatekeeper want to do is pick that I said blacks were 3/5 of a person vs 2 out of every three blacks didn't exist at all as some sort of "win" instead of dealing with the subject at hand.  I've been here a long time and I'm used to posters who would rather makes sure they can point out one "wrong" part of a post rather than deal with the issue being discussed like adults. Heck, I posted a video with the wrong date once and when I admitted it was wrong I was labeled a "troll".  Frankly I'm surprised no one motioned all the "white slaves" by now to point out ow "racist" I am...lol.

-->**EDIT TO ADD** that I did indeed state the 3/5 compromise wrong. To me that didn't matter to the point I was making. And I won't blame my mistake on anything other than that. Just wanted to be clear on that point.<--

Actually my point was the founding fathers were fine with slaves as long as it meant the south stayed in the union.

To bring it back to the original question I was pointing out they didn't care thinking that the minority might one day prefer a wanna be dictator because they figured someone somewhere down the line would fix the problem when they added more amendments or, as some wished, rewrote the whole dang thing every so often.

They made compromises to have a country.

Today too many don't want to change things like the electoral college, number of representatives, number of SC justices because changing the constitution is too much for them....and it also helps a minority continue to wield power.  So no compromises.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Defiant Oath Keepers founder:18yrs in prison for seditious conspiracy - GMDino - 05-27-2023, 08:51 AM