Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
All 3 Bengals TEs in final year under contract this season
(05-26-2023, 11:43 PM)Housh Wrote: Something had to leak about him. You heard he fell because knee issues but that just doesn’t seem drastic enough to drop him because of it. Something had to happen.

Maybe we all view the offense totally different than Zac. I think board consensus was that if Mayer was gone Washington was the guy. Zac must not value blocks by over just being a great pass catcher

The Bengals don't pass protect much with their TEs, but the do run block quite a bit.
I believe the Bengals want a TE who is a good pass catcher but also run blocker.
As such, I'm with you thinking Mayer or Washington made sense for the Bengals.
Perhaps though they really just used the TE for run blocking so much because the OL couldn't handle it in the past.

I will be curious to see how the offense morphs (if at all) once Boyd likely departs.
Will Charlie Jones be that true replacement and be the third option in the passing game? Or will we see the TE elevated to be that third option?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: All 3 Bengals TEs in final year under contract this season - ochocincos - 05-27-2023, 02:00 PM