Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals Dumped 40 Million in Payroll Over Free Agency
(06-01-2023, 11:10 AM)Wyche Wrote: I didn't mean to get to hyperbolic, but compared to years past, she's done a great job. It goes beyond the field of play too though. The RoH, all of the improved fan engagement (which is a lot due to her daughter of course), the stadium naming rights, the practice bubble, and overall change in organizational philosophy. That, with improved play on the field, warrants some praise in my book anyway. She's also been acclaimed league wide for the way she manages the cap. The philosophy seems to be to keep what's really good on offense within reason, and improving the line. Seems like they are planning on drafting well defensively and staying young/cheap on that side of the ball. Will it work? That remains to be seen, obviously.

Is Katie Blackburn the one responsible for those non-contract things?
I thought her daughter Elizabeth was at least over some of that.

With that said, I agree that there have been improvements made in those areas you are talking about.
It's specifically the contract structures with players expecting a lot more guarantees that are starting to worry me.
It may be much ado about nothing though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Dumped 40 Million in Payroll Over Free Agency - ochocincos - 06-01-2023, 11:54 AM