Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We’re gonna have a top 5 defense if the o line is as good as we think it should be
(06-02-2023, 07:25 PM)Housh Wrote: You say this because the scheme Lou runs is basically don’t let shit behind you and come down to make tackles.

This scheme while not producing a lot of turnovers is just a smart D to run against these modern offenses. Our offense was trash last year but it also wasn’t balanced which makes it a step under elite. If we can somehow balance the offense and add point to our per game average that same exact defensive scheme becomes godly when you are protecting leads instead of coming from behind or trying to keep pace.

I expect the defense to do way better because i expect the offense to be better. I think Iv officially settled around 14 wins and i don’t see why that’s unrealistic if our offense takes a step. No team really has the personnel to stop us AND light us up. The Chiefs, Ravens, Eagles, and maybe these new Jets should be the only teams that can match up with us well.

They lost 2 longtime veteran starters and established playmakers. Don’t think that’s easily overcome initially. But I have faith by the end of the year we will be solid. The key is Myles Murphy and Ossai. If our pass rush can be a force then I can see it. But top 5 with an inexperienced secondary? I’m not a buyer. I’m more optimistic that the offense really takes a big leap. A big leap. I know for a fact the offensive scheme has been neutered. Gentlemen if they can protect Joe then Tee & Chase will have the most yards by a duo all time. Bye bye Moss and Chris Carter
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We’re gonna have a top 5 defense if the o line is as good as we think it should be - Soonerpeace - 06-02-2023, 07:48 PM