Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The White House: nothing to see here...
(06-02-2023, 10:18 PM)Dill Wrote: Not really. That's a recipe for the 8th Benghazi hearing. There is no document Jordan could get that would preclude demanding another.

From the intel side, I believe the FBI is sincerely worried that documents like the one in question can reveal their sources and methods to people who don't have the nation's best interests in mind. That's not about "virtue." That's a rule that has always been in place.

Comer and other committee members can see the document in question. They stand in for the American people here. Why do they actually need it if the info in it is actionable? They do not. This is just about publicly wrestling with the FBI and then capitalizing on the drama.

You've said the public doesn't trust the FBI; breaking the rules to conform to political pressure won't fix that. 

And the FBI's bad reputation is in part engineered by things like the Durham Report and the drumbeat of questions like "Why won't the FBI reveal x" despite receiving acceptable answers. 

The most serious pressure on the FBI in the last 50 years has come from the Trump administration. Remember Trump fired Comey for investigating his campaign. Said so publicly.  And after Comey dropped Hilary's numbers just before the election with the announcement he had re-opened an investigation into her. Then the one-sided Durham Report, which described managing an "asset" in the Clinton campaign, but went down in the RWM as establishing a pattern of bias against Trump because they took warranted risks with a FISA warrant. 

We were even treated to a slate of "whistleblowers" who were going to connect the dots and blow the FBI wide open. You saw them, right? Just MAGA true believers who would not follow the same rules as other agents--essentially making their own calls instead of doing their duty. 

So the RWM and its Congressional counterparts continue to foment distrust in the FBI which "isn't forthcoming," and must be "hiding something," and "obstructing" so we Americans cannot "get to the bottom" of, e.g., Hunter's laptop and the Biden crime families corruption. 

I never expected to say this in my life time, but at this point FBI "corruption" is so far no more than an attempt to protect Trump, to keep trust in him and not with an agency, a whole institution of people including Republicans, MUCH more constrained by rule of law than Trump and minions. 

If people are less trusting of the FBI than Trump, I just have to wonder what are their standards for trust? How are they deciding such matters as whom or what to trust? 

Hmm, sounds like a canned rebuttle from a true leftie, always want to try to make it about Trump, when the guy isn't even in office..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The White House: nothing to see here... - SunsetBengal - 06-02-2023, 11:21 PM