Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
The Trans Movement Just Hit Home.......
(06-03-2023, 12:25 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't disagree with your general position.  In fact I've absolutely made the argument here that the anti 2A people always use "protect the children" to justify their proposed infringements.  That being said, there is a noticeable difference here.  We prohibit those under eighteen from doing a slew of things, vote, drink, smoke, gamble, etc. because they aren't mature enough to handle those things.  I have a hard time reconciling that accepted way of thinking with allowing them to make unalterable and massive changes to their body that will affect them for the rest of their lives.

I'm speaking more towards the notion that trans people and letting trans people be part of normal society is what harms children, not the transitioning of children themselves.

And maturity isn't measured by these laws, it's the simple legality of declaring a person who is 18 to be an adult because that's really all the schooling we want to give them for free.  Our rules are pretty weird if you think about them.  At 16 I can pilot a 2000lb missile legally, but I can't rent one, and I can't smoke a lucky strike while I do so, and if I'm out driving and someone causes a ruckus I can't legally carry a firearm to protect myself.

It's all about money and legality, maturity?  What is that, even?  I think a lot of people aged 18 and way up describing trans and gay people as gross and weird to be somewhat immature, but now I'm rambling.  Maturity doesn't magically come at 18 and for many it never comes at all.

And I'd devil's advocate argue that the best way to scare kids out of transitioning before they are 18 is to let some kids do it and then parade the regretful ones in front of every right-wing private school.  This is Johnny...he's got a busted wiener because he thought being turned into a girl would be totally rad.  See?  This are just like those "scared straight" videos that apply to crime and driving like a maniac we have to show kids.

And I'll only mention this country loving to deny that people under 18 are mature enough to do anything other than stuff that can lead them to being gleefully tried as an adult.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Trans Movement Just Hit Home....... - Nately120 - 06-03-2023, 12:49 PM