Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We’re gonna have a top 5 defense if the o line is as good as we think it should be
(06-03-2023, 01:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Don't think they're even close to the record holders. I believe 2000 was the most they combined for, at 2,711 yards.

In 2018 AB and Juju combined for 2,723 yards.

Just last year alone Tyreek Hill and Jalen Waddle combined for 3,066. Even if you subtract one game's worth of average from that total to account for 16 games vs 17, that's still 2,885 (which is actually more of a penalty than reality, as they combined for just 67 yards in Week 18 last year, meaning 2,999 yards in their first 16 games).

Might be more, but those were just the two off the top of my head.

EDIT: Immediately was like "wait a second, who was Cooper Kupp's #2?"... sure enough, Cooper Kupp and Van Jefferson combined for 2,749 yards, but that's actually a 17 game total that wouldn't hold up even if you removed the 17th game.

That’s correct although they don’t hold the record many consider Moss and Carter the greatest receiving duo of all time. Certainly Rice/Taylor Rice/Owens Duper/Clayton are in the conversation. But you are on track for sure.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/top-5-nfl-receiving-duos-all-time

https://gridironheroics.com/top-five-receiver-duos-in-nfl-history/
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We’re gonna have a top 5 defense if the o line is as good as we think it should be - Soonerpeace - 06-03-2023, 02:08 PM