Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
The Trans Movement Just Hit Home.......
(06-03-2023, 02:47 PM)GMDino Wrote: The thread is about the trans "movement".

Yes, the thread title clued me in. 

Quote:But to the point the state is deciding what parents can and cannot do with their own children.  Putting aside the arbitrary age of 18 if the parents agree what is is the issue?  The party of small government wants to tell you (well anyone with children) what they can do in their private lives...but only when it comes to sexuality.  The bulwark of the gop platform is now the culture wars about how gay people are bad for children.

So you're saying there aren't other limits on what parents can and cannot do their children?  Could you take a child to the doctor and ask to have their right hand cut off so they're forced to be a leftie?  Yes, this is an intentionally extreme example, but it's permanent bodily mutilation, exactly like a double mastectomy. 

Quote:Aye, and guns still kill more children than trans people.  Thanks.

Again, arguing against a point I didn't make.  It would save us all time if you just admit you have no counterargument rather than arguing against points I never made.

Quote:But we "can't do anything about guns".  We CAN try and close businesses that allow drag shows, threaten doctors and parents with jail time for caring for a minor, even with consent, etc.  At least that what the right and the two top contenders for the POTUS say.

I'm sorry, what do you mean "we can't do anything about guns?  Gun laws are passed all the time.  In TN they passed a law hardening schools with armed security in response to the transgender mass shooter.  So apparently you can do something about guns.  So, on to your next point.  I'm not a fan of closing businesses to host drag shows.  I am also not a fan of taking children to a hyper-sexualized show of any kind, trans, drag, straight or gay.  Before you make the strawman, I don't like children's beauty pageants either.  But, when you get into permanent bodily mutilation or lifelong affect for HRT, yes, there is an argument to be made against them.  If you fail to see that then you're far too gone to have a rational discussion with on this issue.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Trans Movement Just Hit Home....... - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-03-2023, 03:08 PM