Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
The Trans Movement Just Hit Home.......
(06-03-2023, 05:28 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Agreed

Agreed. However, the focus on the exceptions to the rule and using those rare circumstances to enact much broader reaching policy is questionable.

I agree with you as well.  I would add that if they confined it strictly to HRT and irreversible surgeries then many of the same people would be making the same accusations of transphobic bigotry.  I think we both know we're not talking about a fringe minority in that regard either.

Quote:From the link you shared:

Right now the consensus is that there are no known irreversible effects from puberty blockers. More studies are obviously needed, as is the case with all of these things. The issue is that we can only do studies on this sort of thing as they come along.

Exactly, we don't know.  So why are we using literal children as guinea pigs in this regard?  Because it might help some of them?  Because it might not cause long term damage?  That's not medicine and it's not science

Quote:Fair. I just haven't heard any condemnation of that statement out of anyone in the Montana legislature on their side of the vote. I understand if someone not there doesn't know about it to condemn it, but those that heard those words aren't saying anything and that, to me, says a lot.

And I would wholeheartedly agree with you, just as I would in the BLM example I gave.  Sadly, many of us will overlook extreme positions or statements from those on our side of an issue.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Trans Movement Just Hit Home....... - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-03-2023, 05:35 PM