Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
The Trans Movement Just Hit Home.......
(06-03-2023, 05:35 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Exactly, we don't know.  So why are we using literal children as guinea pigs in this regard?  Because it might help some of them?  Because it might not cause long term damage?  That's not medicine and it's not science

Actually, it is medicine and science. There are no other ways to test these things. Now, we can do everything possible to mitigate risks such as making sure there are strict requirements for starting puberty blockers, let alone HRT or surgery.

I started a medication at the age of three for allergies. I was on that medication for roughly 10 years. One of the side effects that was unknown at the time was weight gain. When you look at pictures of me before I started that medication and in the first year, normal weight. I steadily gained weight throughout my childhood despite being a very active kid. Played baseball, did wrestling, was always outside, etc. I couldn't play football until high school because of weight limits, unfortunately. Anyway, that drug was taken off the market in 1999 for several reasons, but not before that damage was done. Something my parents were never told about.

This isn't the only story like that. We, society that is, put drugs out all the time without knowing everything they will do. It's a regular part of how we do business around the world. We work to mitigate risks and we compensate for issues when we can, but that is absolutely how we further scientific knowledge in the field of medicine.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Trans Movement Just Hit Home....... - Belsnickel - 06-03-2023, 05:47 PM