Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
The Trans Movement Just Hit Home.......
(06-03-2023, 06:44 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Of course there are.  Such experiments can be conducted on subjects that are not human, this is done all the time.  As for strict requirements, there seem to be lots of stories about requirements being, shall we say, not quite so strict.

https://nypost.com/2022/06/18/detransitioned-teens-explain-why-they-regret-changing-genders/

You can dismiss the NY Post as being an obviously partisan source, which would be fair.  But the story contains direct quotes that contradict your position.

All of these drugs are tested on animals long before they make it to human trials. That is the process.

As for the story, I don't need to click it to know the situation. This is why I am in favor of stronger regulations. I am always in favor of better policies to insure our people are well informed in their decision making. Bans enacted by politicians that run counter to medical knowledge are counterproductive, though. Expertise should be valued.

(06-03-2023, 06:44 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I was diagnosed ADHD (ADD then) in 1980 and was prescribed Ritalin so in that regard we are similar.  Although Ritalin appears to have been more thoroughly tested then what you took.  All the same, you seem to making my case for me here.  The medical profession failed both you and your parents (as it does many annually with well over a hundred thousands deaths a year from medical malpractice).  If your parents had been correctly informed do you think they would have allowed your prescription?

Probably not. But I am 100% in favor of patients being well informed. But that is different than what we see happening.

(06-03-2023, 06:44 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Past practice is a poor justification for continued practice.  

There is no 100% analog for human study, though. We can use pigs to study some things, horses other, mice and rats are great analogs for a lot of things. The problem is that none of them are one-to-one comparisons. They also cannot provide first-person perspective feedback.

We will always have to use knowledge gained from human testing on these things. And we will never know how it effects children without actually testing it on children. Informed consent is the key in these situations, but we will always have to rely on testing like this.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Trans Movement Just Hit Home....... - Belsnickel - 06-03-2023, 07:17 PM