Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We’re gonna have a top 5 defense if the o line is as good as we think it should be
(06-03-2023, 11:25 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I hope that this happens.

I think the concept would be the same as the improved OL play helping the defense by keeping off the field more.  

The best improvement from last year to hope for is Burrow getting a second longer to throw the ball.  He's surgical back there, and we may be in a unique situation that the big play potential opens up a steady  short game...which opens up the running lanes.  Which opens up longer drives ending in scores.  We love the defense bailing us out the last 2 postseasons, but this offense has to much talent to not be elite at efficiency.

That not only give the defense a rest but helps us rotate the Ossai, Murphy and Carter types more often.  They have to have a better rush with the lesser safety play that others have called out.  I'm happy with how we rebounded at safety and spent the offseason money but we did take a step back there in talent and chemistry.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We’re gonna have a top 5 defense if the o line is as good as we think it should be - phil413 - 06-04-2023, 12:45 AM