Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We’re gonna have a top 5 defense if the o line is as good as we think it should be
(06-02-2023, 07:25 PM)Housh Wrote: You say this because the scheme Lou runs is basically don’t let shit behind you and come down to make tackles.

This scheme while not producing a lot of turnovers is just a smart D to run against these modern offenses. Our offense wasnt trash last year but it also wasn’t balanced which makes it a step under elite. If we can somehow balance the offense and add point to our per game average that same exact defensive scheme becomes godly when you are protecting leads instead of coming from behind or trying to keep pace.

I expect the defense to do way better because i expect the offense to be better. I think Iv officially settled around 14 wins and i don’t see why that’s unrealistic if our offense takes a step. No team really has the personnel to stop us AND light us up. The Chiefs, Ravens, Eagles, and maybe these new Jets should be the only teams that can match up with us well.

Having the consistency of Lou still as DC is HUGE.  Having Chido come back 100% will also be HUGE.  Adding Orlando Brown as LT was HUGE.  That equals more ball control and longer possessions.  

Here is my only concern:  Bates and Bell were underrated IMHO as to their overall contribution to the defense.  I know neither made the splash plays like a Minkah Fitzpatrick, but they were very solid.  They have some experience with Scott, and lots of potential with Hill, Turner, and Battle, as well as a bit of a wildcard (that I really like) in Tyson Anderson.  What I really love about this unit is the overall speed.  Only battle is over a 4.40, and not by much, in the forty.  What I worry about is the lack of NFL experience.  Wish we could have seen more of Hill last year, as well as Anderson, but overall I am pretty optimistic about this unit.

The rest of the defense will be REALLY tough.  Adding the depth of rotation at DE with Murphy, more development from the likes of Sample and Carter, and they have a damn good linebacker room.  The only real question marks are the safeties and if Chido will be back to 100%.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We’re gonna have a top 5 defense if the o line is as good as we think it should be - SHRacerX - 06-05-2023, 09:39 AM