Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Newest attempted power grab by Ohio Republicans
(06-05-2023, 10:41 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The left took abortion to an extreme and why the Supreme Court intervened. They pushed abortion back to the states which is where it belongs. Medical science has learned a lot since Roe vs Wade. and when a baby is no longer a fetus, but a living baby who feels pain in the womb.

I agree there should be  compromise in every state. I feel 6 weeks is too soon, and 10-12 weeks unless the life of the mother is in jeopardy at any point in the pregnancy. 

I have lived my life fighting for the baby while others have no issue killing babies late term. Again, this assumption is based on a healthy mother. A mother who has been raped should be able to make a decision within the 10-12 weeks to terminate the pregnancy.

Bull! The left wanted the states to comply with the parameters set down in Roe. as the right passed more and more, unreasonable restrictions.  The conservatives on the SCOTUS were itching to get a case they could turn into a decision on Roe.  Then when it was sent back to the states with the Dobbs decision, the extremist right-wing legislatures couldn't move fast enough to write rules that all but banned abortion in all cases.  They are willing to let women die or suffer severe health consequences because they fail to define "medical emergency".  They are forcing women to carry non-viable fetuses or ones that are destined to die almost immediately after delivery with the associated mental trauma and frankly expense that comes with it.

Despite all the rules keep in mind that ABORTION WILL NEVER EVER BE LEGISLATED OUT OF EXISTANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For any number of reasons, many women don't even know they are pregnant at 6 weeks but even with that by far and away the vast majority of abortions are performed in the first trimester. Those that occur in the early trimester are often due to late recognition of pregnancy, delays in ability to access an abortion, and involvement of courts.  Fetal genetic testing can't occur until between 15-22 weeks of gestation. Late 2nd trimester and later are always due to fetal anomalies and maternal health.   Abortions are not being obtained "up to the time of birth" 

Women shouldn't have to lie to police in order to receive reproductive care.  Women shouldn't be forced by the state to put their health at risk to carry a pregnancy or raise a child they don't want

Women who have money will always be able to obtain an abortion, even in a state that bans them.  Abortion access is becoming another notch in the different healthcare systems available to those with means and without them 

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Newest attempted power grab by Ohio Republicans - pally - 06-05-2023, 01:42 PM