Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lou is going to HAVE to call cover 2 way more this year
Hou Wrote:There’s no way around it. Without Jesse Bates(Who at this point is CRIMINALLY underrated for his ability to lock up the whole field from that deep 3rd safety position.) We are going to have to implement more cover 2 to protect our corners.

Iv been seeing that Zac and Lou are REALLY high on Nick Scott’s ability to play single high but with drafting Battle, i have to imagine it’s going to be a hard decision on when to play either Scott or Battle. Battle simply does not have the physical ability to play single high so that leaves only 2 safeties i have ANY comfortability with playing single high and one is a 2nd year man and the other is Scott who was decent in LA but there’s a reason they let him walk.

This year is going to be a game to game dissection of Lou’s football mind and i think he’ll do well. This year is going to be a roller coaster watching the defense.

Bates was a good rangy Safety over his career here but I wouldn't say he is CRIMINALLY underrated. The last few years he
wasn't playing his best with the extension on his mind. He played fantastic in the Playoffs on our way to the Super Bowl but
last year early in the season he was playing not to get hurt, soft and he played pretty bad in the Playoffs, especially against
the Chiefs.

There will be some growing pains with Dax Hill and Nick Scott learning to play together but we are faster in the Secondary
this year. I could see us being better by mid season and Jordan Battle and Tycen Anderson are great insurance policies in
case Scott isn't the answer.

We will see, but Dax Hill could be the next great Safety in the NFL, he is just as fast as Bates, actually faster and is a better
tackler. Scott is WAY faster than Bell. With Lou coaching our Secondary I think we will be fine after some initial struggles early
in the season with Hill and Scott getting on the same page.

Lots of Rams fans hated losing Nick Scott to us.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lou is going to HAVE to call cover 2 way more this year - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-05-2023, 02:22 PM