Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Newest attempted power grab by Ohio Republicans
(06-05-2023, 04:55 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I agree.  It is interesting when you make the same point about gun violence the exact people saying this refuse to hear it.

The underlined and bolded simply isn't true, and even pro abortion advocates acknowledge this.

https://www.kff.org/womens-health-policy/fact-sheet/abortions-later-in-pregnancy/

Reasons individuals seek abortions later in pregnancy include medical concerns such as fetal anomalies or maternal life endangerment, as well as barriers to care that cause delays in obtaining an abortion.

You are, of course, correct that late term abortions are a tiny fraction of overall procedures, but stating that all of them are due to fetal anomalies and maternal health is not accurate.

I would agree with both of these points, up to a point.  Which I'll get to shortly.

I agree with this as well.  But returning to my earlier statement, I have a question.  Would you support any limits on voluntary abortions, such as a three month time limit?

You just confirmed what he stated.  Reid changed the rules and was warned about the precedent he was setting.  He ignored the warnings and did it anyways.  I have made my opinion on McConnell's underhanded tactics well known, but the blame for the rule changes lies at the feet of Harry Reid.  To state otherwise is partisan, ignorant or both.

The limits set by Roe seemed to have worked well for decades.  I'd rather see legislatures addressing the issues that lead to abortions in the first place

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Newest attempted power grab by Ohio Republicans - pally - 06-05-2023, 06:09 PM