Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Could be worse, we could live in California
(06-05-2023, 06:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I could bring you back down and tell you that I haven't seen much to show me that "shit candidate" necessarily means "not a candidate."  We shall see what happens, but at this point if Biden manages to win in 2024 I expect democrats to spend the next 4 years figuring out who is going to run against Trump in 2028.

Oh, I was already aware, so that didn't affect my mood.

(06-05-2023, 06:28 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The entire state of California, in my opinion, kind of embodies what I dislike about Liberals. In so many ways, they're all talk, no walk. They preach inclusion, diversity, acceptance etc etc, but their poverty and homelessness rates are out of control, their education system is struggling, they are heavily influenced by Hollywood which, as we know, are a group of ultra wealthy, out of touch, virtue signaling liberals who love black boxes on Facebook and pride flags in their Twitter bios, but hate the idea of paying more taxes to actually improve the lives of other people.

The entire state just screams the old adage "Socially liberal, fiscally conservative" that so many "liberals" hide behind whenever the rubber meets the road and systems that need funding to improve the lives of the people they claim to care about are created.

But this is my view of California from the left. You probably view it as the opposite in some regards :)

No, you nailed a lot of it.  There's a lot of rich, white guilt liberals here.  They engage in "activism" to feel better about themselves so they can lay head to pillow every night feeling a little bit less awful about their ancestry.  We also attract the worst of those types from other states, for obvious reasons.  Honestly, the only thing keeping me here is my friends/family, my job and the weather.  I don't know that I'll ever leave but who knows how bad it's going to get here before it starts improving?  Thankfully, I moved to Orange County in 2020, and it's still retaining some semblance of sanity.  Los Angeles isn't as bad as San Francisco, yet.  But they're certainly prepping for a hold my beer moment.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could be worse, we could live in California - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-05-2023, 08:08 PM