Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lou is going to HAVE to call cover 2 way more this year
(06-05-2023, 07:36 PM)Housh Wrote: I feel we fall into 2 extremes here regarding Dax.

One group views him as a question mark even though he was a 1st rounder(Group im in) simply because he hasn’t played a lot. Other group is just assuming he’ll be solid by the end of the year.

To me if you are unbiased and don’t care about draft position he’s as much a question mark as Nick Scott and Battle are

Of course he is a question mark, he did not play much last year, and most of his PT was at slot corner when Hilton went down. Ditto in college, more a CB than a S. He has not olayed a ton of S at all. 

However  by the end of last year and in the POs, he was already getting more snaps than Flowers. Vs Balt Hill got 9 defensive snaps, Flowers 2. At Buffalo, Hill 6, Flowers 0. At KC, Flowers 9, Hill 5. Total POs: Hill 20, Flowers 11. 

That is not a TON, but he already had earned enough trust to play more than Flowers last year. 

Hill rated at 58.1 via PFF last year, with most snaps at corner. 51.6 in POs. Of course, eith your snaps/packages limited, you should do better. But some of his poor play was ST, not D. For a limited snap guy, it can hurt the grade overall.

Bates was 76.8/50.4
Bell was 66.3/72.4. 
Apple was 52.9/66.2 
Flowers was 58.6/65.9
--------------- 
Chido was 69.9/dnp 
CTB was 56.1/79.6
Hilton was 73.4/44.1
Hill was 58.1/51.6
Scott was 54.2/dnp (47.5/73.6 in SB year) 

Our two best regular season guys (Bates & Hilton) graded out the worst in the POs. In some 3rd down passing situations, I could see Turner or Hill in the slot for Hilton and if it is Hill, then Battle at S with Scott. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lou is going to HAVE to call cover 2 way more this year - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 06-05-2023, 09:00 PM