Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Could be worse, we could live in California
(06-06-2023, 09:01 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, I am right there with you. I was actually listening to a podcast talking about the housing crises in California and New York. People blame liberal policies for the problems, but the issue really comes from the desire of the wealthy in power not wanting to increase the housing supply because that decreases the value of their assets. It's antithetical to progressive ideals and it just goes to highlight how the struggle in this country isn't one of ideology. It really isn't one of location, race, or any of that shit. It is a matter of those with wealth and power doing everything they can to hold onto it and prevent those of us without it from ever getting it. It's not a progressive or liberal position, and it certainly ain't democratic.

I strongly disagree. Housing is supply and demand. States like California and NY have extremely high taxes. It caused people and businesses to leave to other states. So, if the net of people who now need a house is negative, then the demand for new housing decreases.

On the other hand, I live in Florida where new residents are flocking daily. I live in Estero, Fl. which is close to Fort Myers. The road I live off on I-75 has 8 new subdivision within 3.5 miles of the Interstate.. It is crazy, but the demand is high. I moved into a new home in October, 2022. i have had 2 people send me post cards asking to buy my house. 

High cost of living driven by high taxes is the culprit of the mass exodus of liberal run cities and states. Low demand for housing is a result of the ass exodus.

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/income-tax-calculator/new-york/

Read the article from Forbes above. Keep in mind this does not include property taxes or federal income tax.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could be worse, we could live in California - Luvnit2 - 06-06-2023, 11:10 AM