Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Could be worse, we could live in California
(06-06-2023, 12:04 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I have a feeling Phoenix is going to end up as Vegas part two.

Absolutely. My brother-in-law lives out there and every time he complains about this stuff I just remind him that he is living in a hell hole that the earth did not design for human habitation to this degree. It is a manufactured landscape for human development, much like Vegas, and as such the resources are extremely limited.

The whole recent debacle with the Colorado River is just a recent prime example of the shit show out west. We're in this thread about insurance companies leaving California and while it is happening in part because of dumbass government policies in the state there is a large component of it being that it is just becoming too expensive to insure homes in areas where drought and wildfire are decimating landscapes that have been overpopulated. We've been trying to control these areas far too much but as people have learned when they plant a building in the middle of an elephant migration path, nature will find a way to take back what is hers.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could be worse, we could live in California - Belsnickel - 06-06-2023, 12:22 PM