Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
The Trans Movement Just Hit Home.......
(06-06-2023, 11:13 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Rather germane to the topic at hand, Finland joins Norway and Sweden (three notoriously far right countries) in voicing concerns on this subject. I do apologize for using the far right site, The Atlantic, as my source.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2023/04/gender-affirming-care-debate-europe-dutch-protocol/673890/

It's definitely an interesting discussion and, in my opinion, definitely a good conversation to have. If the research undergirding the Dutch protocol has questionable validity then more research is needed. It sounds like a lot of places accepted the protocol without as much replication but also a lot has changed in the past decade for sure.

I'm an assessment guy, which means that I am looking to constantly evaluate programs and look for evidence of their effectiveness and look for improvements which means I am ok with this. More studies are good. I am curious to see if there is emerging evidence on the reversibility of puberty blockers, as evidence in that regard would be the biggest impact on my knowledge of the issue. My issues still exist with some of the laws being passed that are criminalizing gender-affirming psychological care as well as things like prohibiting PAs from providing gender-affirming care which is impacting trans adults (this was done in Florida and one news report I heard stated that around 80% of trans adults in Florida were receiving their gender-affirming care from PAs).

What this sounds like to me is that there was potentially a jumping-of-the-gun on the Dutch protocol which is being used to justify generally anti-trans legislation.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Trans Movement Just Hit Home....... - Belsnickel - 06-07-2023, 07:57 AM