Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
DJ Reader estimated extension value (per Sportrac)
I can't say I disagree with where Sportrac has him valued. Let's just hope that the team can find a way to make it happen without it costing any other valuable veterans spot on the roster in the process.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2023/06/05/bengals-dj-reader-projected-market-value-contract-extension/

Quote:Cincinnati Bengals defensive tackle D.J. Reader is a good extension candidate after three solid seasons with the team.

With so many possible extension candidates on the offensive side in Joe Burrow, Tee Higgins, and Ja’Marr Chase, the Bengals will need to secure some talent defensively as well and Reader could be the guy they start with.

He will be a free agent after this season, and Spotrac has his market value set at a three-year deal and almost $48 million with an average annual value of about $15.9 million.

Based on their age, contract status and stats, Spotrac compares Reader to Grady Jarrett, Davon Godchaux, D.J. Jones and Maliek Collins.

Reader has managed to accumulate 89 tackles in 30 games in his three years with the Bengals and while he would be entering his age-30 season in 2024, he could still be a big help on the defensive side of the ball.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
DJ Reader estimated extension value (per Sportrac) - SunsetBengal - 06-07-2023, 12:42 PM