Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
DJ Reader estimated extension value (per Sportrac)
(06-07-2023, 07:18 PM)Whatever Wrote: I don't necessarily believe we'll stop winning if Higgins isn't resigned.  In fact, I've advocated for awhile that we should be looking to draft a replacement.  However, I definitely get trepidation regarding letting him go.  The Bengals are a legitimate SB contender with a stacked WR corps.  We've done the "good OL, good defense, 1 superstar WR" formula.  We had success, but 6 one and dones were all we had to show for it. It's a formula that works in the regular season, but falls short in the playoffs.  We all know we can put Joe Burrow behind a trash OL with Chase and Higgins and make it to the SB, because we've all seen it.  We don't know if we we can with a change in personnel priorities.

Ultimately, though, it doesn't matter what we think.  Joe is going to structure his deal to keep his guys, so that's what's going to happen.

No, we haven't, at least not with a superstar QB of the quality of Joe Burrow.  The rest of your quote speaks to the Marvin Lewis era, that is done, over.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: DJ Reader estimated extension value (per Sportrac) - SunsetBengal - 06-07-2023, 07:48 PM