Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
DJ Reader estimated extension value (per Sportrac)
(06-07-2023, 05:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hopefully we can extend Karras and Cappa, love these guys. I don't want us losing any of these guys trying to keep another WR either.

Nothing against Tee, but the WR we need to keep is Chase.

(06-07-2023, 06:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is pretty much my feelings about the situation, as well.  I love me some Tee Higgins making those sideline contested catches, but I also feel like a guy like Iosivas can develop into a similar role.  I mean, if Joe Burrow can't bring a National level Heptathalete, with amazing body control, speed and coordination up to viable level, than something's wrong here.  Just like I feel like Charlie Jones is going to be developed into our eventual slot receiver.  Myles Murphy to take over the primary edge rusher spot once Hendrickson's contract expires.  I mean they already have Turner and Battle getting reps with the 1st team, etc.

I know that fans like you and I get excited about the upside to each draft class most every year, but I've got a special strong feeling about this particular draft class.  Heck, even as I sit here writing, I imagine how the backfield would have looked with a combo of Samaje Perine paired with Rookie Chase Brown?

But as to the OP, I could see the Bengals extending Reader if he has an injury-free season.  We drafted a 3T in the 3rd round last year, this year we'll see if he has what it takes to ever have a chance of making BJ Hill expendable.  Maybe next year they make an upward move in the draft for position to select one of the best NTs in the draft? But, who knows, DJ Reader was a 5th round pick, maybe they find another hidden gem?

I agree that, as long as we have Chase, Burrow will succeed, but I just think a wide receiver of Higgins' caliber makes us scary good on offense.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: DJ Reader estimated extension value (per Sportrac) - BFritz21 - 06-07-2023, 07:49 PM