Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordell Volson-Can be one of the best
(06-07-2023, 11:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Sure, he did "ok" considering. Do you want guys to just be "ok", blocking for Burrow and the RBs?

My problem with the whole this is twofold; he didn't improve incrimentally throughout the season. He was up and down all season after the disaster vs Pitt in game 1. Then you have people talking about some '2nd year leap' as if it's a given. 

As soon as the guy starts playing like an average NFL OG, i'll be happy to say he's an average NFL OG. I don't see anything from year one that shows something to build on with the expectation that year 2 is going to be better. He doesn't have great strenght, balance or awareness with just a lack of experience. Truth is, he's lacking in those exact areas.

Nope, not at all

I've stated in many threads over the last few months if Volson can be replaced with a better player, do it. He shouldn't be penciled in as the starting LG. If Carman or whoever is better, put them in there. Our Oline has been our downfall for two years in a row. Lets not make it three.

I just haven't gave up hope that Volson can take the next step. If he can't so be it. Best 5 on the field 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cordell Volson-Can be one of the best - bengalfan74 - 06-08-2023, 09:33 AM