Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordell Volson-Can be one of the best
(06-08-2023, 01:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You have NFL+ i believe. Maybe you need to go back and watch again.

It's not hate. It's honesty. Most of what i'm seeing from people here is hope and baseless claims of a year 2 jump. 

I can watch the games on Gamepass later. I will do that. I am just going off of what I remember.

Sure sounds like hate to me, dude wasn't bad for a rookie playing next to a LT that was hurt and getting pushed around IMO.

(06-08-2023, 02:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Really? How many sacks did he give up against those rushers?

That is what I remember. Pretty good to only give up 1 sack and 1 pressure to all those stud DT's and having his best grade of 
the season against Chris Jones sure gives me some good feelings about the guy, but to each their own. I usually agree with Rfaulk
and Bfine, not here with Volson. I like the guy and think he should make a big leap this year playing next to Orlando Brown.

(06-08-2023, 02:14 PM)sandwedge Wrote: The one thing I do know Heyward usually has his way most seasoned vets let alone a rookie making his first start in week 1. I think we should wait judgment on Volson.It can't be easy learning the pro game for a rookie.

For damn sure. Gives me hope that we can finally handle Heyward, that guy has been great forever.

(06-08-2023, 02:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: No, certain people are entrenched in the narrative that Volson sucks. They refuse to see the good things and acknowledge at the same time he was playing next to a hobbled Williams, and just keep disparaging him. It's as if they now hope he fails so they can be right. 

Seems that way, don't know why.

I have my guys that I disparage a bit in Mixon and Jonah, but I acknowledge when they play well.

(06-08-2023, 02:26 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't think the jury is in yet on Carman. He may turn out great, he may flounder. Of course the same thing can be said for Volson, but at least he's played a full season at his position against some of the best in the league and held up.

Encouraged by Carman in the Playoffs and this Offseason coming into OTA's in great shape, we will see if he can play decent at RT.

Sure can move people once he gets his hands on them. Unlike Jonah when he was hurt. Looks like Jonah is working his ass off as well
and is getting healthy which is all great news on the OL front.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cordell Volson-Can be one of the best - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-08-2023, 02:37 PM