Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
I honestly thought Pat Robertson Died Years ago.
So, apparently Pat Robertson died today. Like, actually died.

He was in the band Ministry back in the 90's, I think after Mike Scaccia left. Had to be. Or maybe he has A ministry. Uhm, okay idk.

He definitely was most famous for helping kids in the blood diamond trade over in Africa when he realized how horrific it was. He was appalled. Wait, no. I think he actually owned and profited off of the mines that the kids were working in while he was making money off of religious speech over in those parts. I'll have to check on that one.

Also, he defended some kids in Alaska that were going to court over having a "Bong Rips For Jesus" sign in a parade. That actually happened.

All in all, he was one of the last moral majority types that got the folks on the right to start feelin' like they suddenly got the Jesus in them back during the Reagan years. Probably not the shithead that Falwell was, but still kind of a pain in the ass. I'm going to take his passing as an opportunity to be thankful that big time political preacher men are a lot rarer than they once were. I'm not saying I'm celebrating his death. His influence waned enough to make him pretty harmless in his later years. I'm just glad there aren't too many modern versions of him.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to Venmo some money to Benny Hinn Ministries to get rid of this raging case of pinkeye that my kid brought home from his daycare.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
I honestly thought Pat Robertson Died Years ago. - samhain - 06-08-2023, 10:11 PM