Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong?
Allow me to address the facile analogies of these shows to things like NFL cheerleaders or Hooters. The intent of the product being consumed is rather important in this regard. No one is going to an NFL game to stare at cheerleaders. They are a peripheral piece of entertainment to fill in the large amounts of downtime during an NFL game. They are also barely visible for the average attendee. They are also not putting on a sexually charged performance less than a foot from the audience, including children, nor are they having money stuffed in their undergarments. Hooters is a bit better analogy, as there is certainly some intent inherent in going to see a woman in tight shorts and shirt. But still, your main reason for going is to eat food. Also, and again, the waitresses are not putting on a sexually charged performance and people aren't stuffing money in their undergarments.

If you take your family to the beach, they are going to see people even more scantily clad than a drag show or either of the above examples. But that's not your intent when you take your family to the beach. No father is saying to his son, hey let's go to the beach so we can ogle some nearly naked women. If that does happen then you have a parent who is more than a bit off. And again, the people on the beach are not putting on a sexually charged performance for you, nor are you stuffing money in their swimwear.

Intent matters a lot. It's the difference between walking in on your mom naked by accident and her deliberately walking into your room naked. You see the same thing in both instances, but I doubt anyone here doesn't understand the enormous difference between those two instances. Children pick up on those differences, just as they would in the example I just gave. It honestly baffles me that normally intelligent and rational people have zero issue with this.

Messages In This Thread
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-08-2023, 07:08 PM
RE: Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-09-2023, 11:07 AM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-09-2023, 11:50 AM