Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
DJ Reader estimated extension value (per Sportrac)
(06-10-2023, 01:28 AM)Whatever Wrote: I don't think that many people realize that despite the fact Joe had 86 more passing attempts in '22, his passing yards, completion %, and passer rating all went down from where they were in '21.  That's with a better OL.  A big reason is Chase, Higgins, and Boyd all missed time with various injuries.  

Crazy how stats don’t tell a full story

I didn’t know these stats.

But it just felt like Burrow was a better QB last year, than he was in 2021. He cut out damn near ALL the head scratcher picks and he really only got picked off when his passes got tipped. He has a really really bad one against the Chiefs in the AFCG that he has to answer for but for the most part when guys picked him off it wasn’t his fault.

I feel like he checked down waaay more and it helped the offense. I feel like he chose his scrambles PERFECTLY. I even feel like he went away from his 2021 mindset of sacks in certain situations not being that bad to take. Seems like he really tried protecting the ball last year better than he did in 2021 despite what numbers say. His ball placement became elite in 2022. He even became better at avoidance my sacks and he was ALREADY really good at that in 2021.

These stats honestly surprised me.
-Housh
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: DJ Reader estimated extension value (per Sportrac) - Housh - 06-10-2023, 01:44 AM