Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
DJ Reader estimated extension value (per Sportrac)
(06-10-2023, 03:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Oh he absolutely brings values when he plays. When he IS on the field, he's great, and you can afford to pay good money to a part-time run-stuffing DT when you have rookie contract QB and WRs as they have.

Honestly as much as his injuries, playing time, and age are factors for me, I think the greatest factor is less about Reader himself and more about allocation of cap space at that point. He's probably a guy who will just have to be a casualty to the Bengals wanting to keep both Chase and Higgins. You can't pay everyone. I think Wilson has a chance to also end up falling into this category as they roll with a cheaper Pratt as their paid LB. Also probably the cost of signing Orlando, but if that's the case I am good with it.

- - - - - -
Derrick Henry is interesting last year. He had 9 games of 100+ yards and all his stats are great, but it was pretty much exclusively at the expense of his absolutely terrible division as 6 of those 9 came in his 6 divisional games....
AFCS: 6 games, 817 yards (136.2 ypg/5.3 ypc)
Rest: 10 games, 721 yards (72.1 ypg/3.7 ypc)

Before the Bengals game he rushed for 3.1 ypc against the Packers and after the Bengals game he rushed for 2.7 ypc against the Eagles. As I said, a really weird season because if you just look at his stats as a whole you're like "woah, great season"..

I’d give Reader 15+M even knowing at best he’ll play 60% of the snaps.

Also at that price his ass would be an every down guy idc. I’d tell his ass eat 2 blockers on pass plays and you’ve earned your money.
-Housh
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: DJ Reader estimated extension value (per Sportrac) - Housh - 06-10-2023, 05:15 PM